With biohacking, you take more control of your biological system to achieve optimal health and well-being.
How Do You Use Biohacking for Weight Loss?
The key is to regulate (or biohack) what goes on inside your body, for example, your metabolism and your hormones, and what goes on outside your body, such as what makes you stress (your stressors).
Here are a few ways you can biohack your body for weight loss:
Consume Water to Stay Hydrated
Staying hydrated is one of the best aids for reducing body fat because water aids digestion, muscle function, appetite suppression, and calorie and fat burning. To hack your water consumption, you need to do the following.
- Drink water before eating, which can suppress your appetite and make you feel fuller. As a result, you eat less food but still feel satiated.
- Drink cold water to burn more calories.
- Drink two glasses of lemon water every morning, preferably before breakfast. Lemon water has been found effective in speeding up metabolism.
- Drink the required amount of water for your body weight every day.
- Drink water with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar every day. It can help boost your metabolism, decrease your appetite, and trigger ketosis.
You know that exercise is good for your health, and there are several ways you can use exercise to speed up weight loss.
- Lift weights – Lifting weights helps you build muscle, and as you increase your body’s muscle mass, you also boost your metabolism, and your body burns more calories even when resting. These processes help you lose weight.
- Perform daily cardio – Do cardio exercises every day to lose weight. Having a consistent schedule for cardio can really help you in achieving your desired outcome. If you are coming off a low fitness base, it is better to do slower cardio routines and take sufficient rest in between.
- Take morning walks – Do brisk walks in the morning for 15 minutes. This will awaken your body and improve blood circulation to help you start your day with energy.
- Use vibrating exercise machines – If you do not like intensive workouts, vibrating exercise machines are a great biohack! They can add lymph drainage to your routine and help you lose weight.
- Try Yoga and Pilates – Yoga and Pilates can help you tone your body and help you become more flexible. They are also great exercise routines for burning calories, so you can reduce unwanted fat.
- Use fitness trackers – Track your progress in your weight loss journey with fitness devices. They can help you develop healthy habits and motivate you to continue your exercise routines.
Get Quality Sleep
As much as you need to move around, you also need enough rest to recharge.
Getting quality sleep every night can help improve your metabolism and help to reduce your risk of obesity. When you are well-rested, you can improve your physical performance and calorie expenditure. Feeling tired and fatigued will have you reaching for pick-me-ups, which are almost always high-calorie and low-nutrient foods.
Here are a few hacks to help you get better sleep and ultimately lose weight:
- Make the temperature in your room cool but comfortable for you.
- Keep your room dark and quiet.
- Turn off your devices (your phone, laptop, TV) at least 2 hours before bedtime. The light from them can keep you awake for so much longer.
- Follow a consistent sleep schedule to regularize your circadian rhythm.
- Do relaxing activities to wind down before bed. For example, read a book, take a relaxing bath or shower, or meditate. Do whatever it takes to get you to relax.
Develop a Weight Loss Mindset
You need to have the right mindset to lose weight. That means you are mindful enough to remember to slow down and enjoy your food. You are mindful when choosing to do exercises you enjoy instead of forcing yourself to work out and not liking the exercises, and above all to stay motivated to achieve your goals.
Hack Your Diet
Of course, weight loss planning would not be complete without planning your food intake. You can lose weight depending on the types of food you consume and your eating habits.
Here are some tips on how.
- Avoid foods that can trigger inflammation, including processed foods.
- Reduce simple carbohydrate intake and consume complex carbs, such as fruits and vegetables.
- Eat foods high in dietary fiber.
- Eat high-protein foods and healthy fats (e.g., meat from grass-fed animals, fish, poultry, eggs, avocados, and nuts).
- Try diet techniques such as intermittent fasting or the keto diet.
Whenever you feel frustrated about losing weight, step back and evaluate your lifestyle and eating habits. The above tips can help you hack your biology toward losing unwanted fat. You do not have to do them all simultaneously, you can pick just one or two to get started and see which ones work for you.