However, there might be things you don’t really know about it or you might think you can just do it a couple of times a week and be fine, but there has to be a true commitment to practicing yoga in order for it to have any effect on you at all.
You want to succeed at the practice of yoga and these questions can get you in the right mindset and make sure that you really want to totally commit to a yoga lifestyle.
So, before you start ask yourself these questions to see if it really is something that is right for you.
- Why do I want to practice yoga and are those reasons realistic?
- Have I been cleared by my doctor to do some of the types of yoga I’m interested in?
- Am I surrounded by naysayers who don’t believe I can commit to a yoga practice? If so, what will I do about them?
- Am I ready to commit to practicing yoga on a full-time basis and not just half way do it?
- Have I decided what it is that I want to achieve through a yoga practice?
These are the most important things you might want to ask yourself before you take the plunge into a yoga program. Make sure the reasons you are doing it are the right ones. However, with yoga there are so many benefits that if even one of them resonates with you the rest might follow along.
Talk to others who practice yoga and find out what studio they go to. Find out what type of yoga they are interested in. Find out who their favorite instructors are and where they teach. Don’t go in blind and chance having a bad experience – that could turn you off to yoga completely. And you certainly don’t want that.
Be prepared and make an educated decision before you start so that you will have the best and most worthwhile experience with yoga that you can have. If you do one type of yoga then decide it isn’t for you, just try another one. There is something out there that will make you happy and work for you.